This page was last changed on July 18, 2018 and applies to citizens of the United States.
What information do we gather?
We gather both personally identifiable information and non–personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to contact you: for example, your name, address, telephone/fax number, email address or any information you submit to Napo Pharmaceuticals that identifies you individually.
The Websites will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it. Therefore, if you do not want us to obtain any personally identifiable information about you, please do not submit it to us.
The Websites may collect personally identifiable information about you by methods such as the following:
- Email and Other Voluntary Communications: You may choose to communicate with us through email, by telephone, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable.
- Surveys and Promotions: If you voluntarily choose to participate in a survey or promotion on the Websites, you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, medical history, and product usage.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of the Websites and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
- What are scripts?
- A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
- What is a web beacon?
- A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
- Technical or functional cookies
- Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
- The following cookies are placed on this Website:
Retention period: From session up to two years
|_ga, _gid, _gat, _gaexp, _utm, __utmc, UTMD_, __utmv, __utmz,|
_gat_gtag_UA_ID, gadwp_wg_default_view, gadwp_wg_default_swmetric,
gadwp_ir_default_dimension, gadwp_ir_default_swmetric, gadwp_ir_default_metric
|Google Ads Optimization|
|Purpose: Personalized advertisements|
Retention period: 1 year
Description: Google tracks users across platforms to target users with highly personalized ads
|PREF, NID, id, _drt_, HSID, SSIDAPISID, SAPISID, __ut, OGPC, SID, HSID, SSID,|
APISID, SNID, CONSENT, _gat_gtag_UA_xxxxxx
Retention period: session
Description: On this Website, we use Analytics and services from Hotjar, a company based in Malta. HotJar helps us gain insight into how our website is used. We place this cookie ourselves.
|_hjUserId, _hjIncludedInSample, _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets,|
_hjClosedSurveyInvites, _hjDonePolls, _hjMinimizedPolls, _hjDoneTestersWidgets
|Purpose: This cookie is used to track visitors, keep track of sessions and recognize visitors.|
Retention period: 365 days
Description: This cookie is used to track visitors, keep track of sessions and recognize visitors.
|hubspotutk, __hssrc, __hssc, __hstc, hs-messages-is-open, __hs_opt_out, messagesUtk||Privacy statement|
Napo Pharmaceuticals may also collect additional non-personally identifiable information, such as your zip code, when you obtain a Mytesi Savings Card.
Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete or disable cookies, but please note that our website may no longer work properly. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
Disclosure of Information
Napo Pharmaceuticals does not sell, share or otherwise distribute your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Napo Pharmaceuticals will share your personally identifiable information only in compliance with any obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and other applicable laws.
Napo Pharmaceuticals does not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. If you engage in any transaction with us, we will only disclose this information to affiliates or our owner/operators with your consent. In the case of a survey or promotion, Napo Pharmaceuticals may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and product co-promotion partners, which may only use your personal information for the purposes listed herein.
Napo Pharmaceuticals may use unaffiliated companies to help us maintain and operate our Websites or for other reasons related to the operation of our business, and those companies may have access to your personally identifiable information but only for the administrative purposes of monitoring and maintaining our Websites.
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
Napo Pharmaceuticals may use the personally identifiable information collected through its Websites primarily for such purposes as:
- communicating with those using the Websites when they have submitted queries or comments;
- providing services and support to persons using the Websites;
- improving the Websites, including tailoring it to the preferences of persons using the Websites, including you;
- administering surveys and promotions;
Napo Pharmaceuticals uses the non-personally identifiable information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve our Websites, including maintenance of security and integrity of its systems.
How do we protect the personal information we collect?
Napo Pharmaceuticals maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information. Napo Pharmaceuticals restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception. Unless you authorize unencrypted transmission, we will use industry-standard encryption methods to protect your data transmission.
How do you opt-out?
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions and security or the administration of the Websites. From time to time, Napo Pharmaceuticals and its affiliates may also wish to send you other messages or updates about our Websites, Napo Pharmaceuticals, our affiliates, or their promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/non-security-related communications from Napo Pharmaceuticals and our affiliates, please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive email marketing messages, please email us at the above address to let us know. In addition, every email marketing correspondence Napo Pharmaceuticals sends contains instructions on how to stop additional marketing emails.
Your rights with respect to personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- you may submit a request for access to the data we process about you;
- you may object to the processing;
- you may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you;
- you may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
- you may request to opt-out and to object against the further use of non-functional cookies
To exercise these rights, please refer to the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
How do you correct and update your personal information?
You can change or correct the personal information we retain about you at any time. You can send your corrections by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Websites are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Napo Pharmaceuticals does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If Napo Pharmaceuticals nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Napo Pharmaceuticals otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Napo Pharmaceuticals will delete such information from our systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be deleted from our files by requesting this through the email address on our contact page.
United States of America
California Privacy Rights
Be sure to include your name and address. You can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.